When following these steps, start with the dock disconnected from the computer. Note that you'll need to have local admin rights on the machine. You'll also need to know the BIOS admin password if one is set.
- Run Dell Command Update to get the latest driver and BIOS updates. If it finds updates, continue running it again until it doesn't find any more. Sometimes it takes 2-3 runs for everything to install.
- Go to the TB16 driver page and download all 4 items. There should be 3 drivers and a firmware update utility.
- Install the 3 drivers and reboot.
- Connect the dock and give everything a minute to "settle down" - wait for the displays stop flashing and let the drivers for any USB peripherals connected to the dock install.
- Approve the Thunderbolt devices by setting the cable and the dock to "Always Connect".
- Go into Display Settings and set up your monitor arrangement how you want it.
- Run the TB16 firmware update utility and update the dock's firmware. You'll need to right-click the executable and "Run as administrator".